Thursday, November 29, 2007

US Airways, probable retard

So I check the time my flight is arriving in San Francisco yesterday. At the top of the page it says, "your flight has changed," which isn't surprising since it has changed at least four times since I bought the thing.

First of all, thanks for telling me this time, US Airways. Second of all, I'm pretty sure my itinerary is impossible.

Take off from Paris at 1:10 local time, and land in Philly at 3:50 local time. My second flight was set to take off for SF at 5:55 and land at 8:55 local time. No problem there at all.

The new schedule has us into Philly at the same time, but has us set to leave town at 4:10. That's 20 minutes. That would be close on a reliable airline, which past experience tells me, this one ain't. Also, I'm coming in from a foreign country so I'd imagine there will be customs and things to declare ("Yeah, don't go to England").

Hopefully, all that will wait until our final destination, otherwise, I would bet money that I'm staying a night in the city of Brotherly Love, and you can bet money that I will go to Geno's for a cheesesteak if I do.

*Note: There are only two people I know who would fully appreciate the title of this post and neither of them read my blog. It's what the French trains are labeled with if they're running late, i.e. Paris TGV 14:25 probable retard 5 minutes. That means your 2:25pm TGV train to Paris is going to be 5 minutes late.

3 comments:

Narges said...

I didnt get the reference but thought it was funny anyway. it sounded like you were calling the airline retarded.

Zac said...

Well, yeah. But whenever someone would trip or forget something, for two weeks we would say, "Probable retard," then affix a number to indicate the level of retardation. Lose your key? 5 minutes. Forget what country you're in? 25 minutes. Kate has a picture of the sign in the newest batch of photos.

Anonymous said...

HA! i totally got the reference thanks to kate's photos. and i fully appreciate it since i'm a little obsessed with "the R bomb"...that's the code we used at Best Buddies, haha.