Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey for you, and turkey for me...

I found Thanksgiving! In Lagos, Portugal, of all places. My hostel had, for 15 euro, all you can eat and drink dinner. The owner's mom, Mama, made turkey stewed with mushrooms, tomatoes, and linguisa (yes Narges, my first Portuguese meal, and it includes the world's best sausage), as well as mashed potatoes, rice with veggies, Portuguese pork, and a spicy stuffing that was fantastic.

There wasn't any pumpkin pie, but there was pretty good homemade tiramissu as well as other European sounding foodstuffs for dessert.

I must say that this is better than what I was planning on eating. I thought the best I could do would be KFC chicken and mashed potatoes (which, don't get me wrong, would have been pretty good).

For me, it is now Friday, the first day of the Christmas shopping season, but you all should have about seven hours to feel thankful as well as full. Live it up, Americans. The Aussies don't understand what it's all about.

Spain was amazing, and I will go back in a few days, but until then, I'll try my best to speak the local language here. It may rain tomorrow, but that shouldn't deter my trips to the beach or the end of the world (in ancient times, the south western tip of Portugal, as the farthest west point in Europe, was thought to be the end of the world).

Cheers to all. See most soon, and others soonish (or never, if we've never met).

1 comment:

Narges said...

we will for sure go to that pizza place again once you are back. i'll even take bart down so we can drink a pitcher of beer each.