Monday, November 26, 2007

Surprises in Lisbon

Go figure, it's really nice here.

Today, I just walked around the town, digging the "vibe" of the city. It feels a lot like San Francisco actually. There are hills, cable cars, a bay/wide river, and a long bridge that is like a larger version of the Golden Gate Bridge. This isn't my picture (I didn't get in a boat), but I've got a bunch from the shore.



Down in Belem, one of the many neighborhoods I visited, there were a lot of castles and stuff actually in the river. There is cheap food galore and great coffee to be had at every turn. The weather is getting cool, but still warm in the midday. I love traveling in the fall. It is by far my favorite season.

The people here are incredibly friendly, especially considering the fact that all I can say is "do you speak English," "hello," and "thank you."

The next stop is Porto, then Madrid, then a cheap flight to Paris for the end of the trip. Sadness. And yet, joy. Hhmmm.

1 comment:

Blog said...

If you enjoyed the riverfront in Belem, be sure to also take a stroll by the waterfront in the Parque das Nacoes district. And if you liked Lisbon, you'll also like Porto (or Oporto), which is also by a grand river, and very colorful... Enjoy your travels! :-)