Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hello worker bees

Happy Monday morning. Yesterday was Rememberance Day in Australia and Canada (11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month = 1 minute of silence), so I assume you all are coming off a three day weekend for Veteran's Day. Good on ya.

I awoke this morning still in Barcelona with 30 nights left until I leave Paris for San Francisco, Mexican food, and all the sleep and hot showers I want. There's quite a bit more of Spain to see (and Spanish to practice/learn), maybe a week worth of Portugal to see and at least a week in Paris (I'm thinking a night train from Madrid, as unappealing as another night train sounds).

The weather is cooling off again. I've seen the first week of fall in three or four countries now and the forecast calls for cooling days on the Iberian Peninsula,
but nothing like the cold we had in Italy. (it was 22 or as we Americans say, 71 degrees on Saturday. As the guy at our hostel said, he couldn't believe he saw someone wearing just a shirt in that weather). Ten days from now, Paris will be about 50. I can only imagine what it will be 20 days from now when I hop off the train.

Luckily, there is still more of the warm Mediterranean coast to see and tapas to eat before I have to pull the jacket and long sleeve shirts out of the bottom of my bag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you contemplate what long sleeves will feel like in a month, think of me in Poland, wearing everything I packed to fight off hypothermia.

See zou in Paris.