Saturday, November 3, 2007

God speed little strudel


So, in case you didn't know, Kate and I led pretty boring lives for the past several months in anticipation of needing money saved up to come here and do what we're now doing. This entailed sitting on a couch fairly often, watching TV - including "Passport to Europe with Sam Brown."
On one episode, Sam found herself in Prague, as so many of us do from time to time, and visited what one of her guides called 'the best strudel in Prague/Europe.' Kate, ever the finder of things, found the place, which is nowhere near the tourist area ( it's in Žižkov, if you know the area. Sam didn't even bother telling viewers where it was, but someone emailed her and then posted it on some fan site).
So we walked there, in the rain to get a strudel. It was pretty good. I'd been looking forward to it for about four or five months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy! I watched the same episode (I've been watching the travel channel a lot), and I made a note to visit that strudel place and get one of those huge apple strudels for way way cheap. You'll have to give me the address when you get back.