Friday, November 2, 2007

A Nice day

So I've been in Nice. It's a place I have always had a faint idea about, but no real knowledge of beyond sunbathers and sandy beaches. I found out it's actually a pebbly beach a while ago, but just found out yesterday that it's actually not pebbles, but stones the size of river rocks. When laying on the rocks, it feels like a massage on your back but when walking over them it can be a painful experience.

When you listen to the waves here, it sounds different from every other beach I've been to (which admittedly is only in SoCal, Tahoe, and the Bay Area). After the soft thunder of the wave hitting the shore there was the applause sound of the stones lightly raining into the sea; which would be followed by another wave of light thunder seconds later. There was a French kid (I say kid like I'm incredibly old - he was only a little younger than me) playing his guitar nearby as the sun set to the right of the unbelievable view I was looking at ( or if you're a stickler for grammar rules like I'm not, the view at which I was looking).

We picked up a friend here, and she'll be coming along with us to Provence for a few days before heading to Barcelona. We may have to stop by and meet up with another great person we met here just a few hours ago, Bevan, who's living in Pou for a semester.

No comments: