Friday, September 28, 2007

Theres so much that we share, that its time we're aware

Here's a Friday story to freak you all out.

So I'm in Prague (pictures of various things to come soon) and one of my dorm mates is from Ireland. She's moved here to do a year of law school and is staying in the hostel while she and her friend (who is down to the mannerisms an Irish version of Jed) find a place. She mentioned in conversation that she lived in San Diego this past summer, then today said something about when she was working at a surf school. So I ask, having partaken of and researched into a lot of San Diego surf schools, which one she worked at. Pacific Surf School she tells me and if I was being overly dramatic, I'd say I froze at the kitchen sink and dropped, in slow motion of course, the cup I was washing.

Really I say ef off (I swear a lot around the Irish) and tell her to log onto the web site real quick, cause I'm sure that's the one I went to (she has her laptop since she now lives here for a year). As she logs in, I tell her that I remember an Irish girl checking me in. I remember because she wasn't an Aussie, like I would have expected, and as many of you know I love and often adopt the Irish accent. Before the page loads I remember in vivid detail that she was the girl who checked in people, down that little street, two doors from the beach. I can almost picture the T-shirt she wore. The orange page comes up and it's confirmed. That's the page I used to book my lesson. She asks me who my instructor was, a Brazilian I say, then in unison we both say, 'Freddy.'

And the cup is now spinning on the ground and the camera zooms in on the manufacturer. Kobayashi. Kobayashi. Kobayashi. After which Chaz Palmentari chases after me and I get into a really nice Jaguar.

Does that not just blow your mind?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Zac, it does blow my mind, then again, somehow it doesn't at all. It just makes sense. I could go on about the world being a small place, and we should be kind one another, 'cause you just never know...but then, you know that.

Great story, I love it!

Peace, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, for f***'s sake! Right, right, right.

Unknown said...

haha that's hilarious! guess you never know who and where you'll end up seeing people again :)

Anonymous said...

It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small, small world.
I really hate that ride. But the reality of it is awesome!

Jedlev said...

Hey Zac, good to know you're alive (and making The Usual Suspects references). I'm shocked to know there's an Irish female version of me out and about, but someday, I will have to bed her and we shall foster many progeny.

Oh, and I got your postcard a while back. It was so cool, my sister finally believed that I have a friend.

Enjoy Prague, don't eat too much fried food and watch out for the creepy babies crawling all over the TV tower...

Jed