Monday, September 17, 2007

Biking Berlin

We took the free bike tour in Berlin after we had a great time on the Free New Amsterdam Tour (same company). The guides work on tips (and actually have to pay the company €2 for every person on the tour) so they really have to sell the tour and can't phone it in like so many UCLA tour guides do (myself occasionally included).

The dude (and he was a dude, not a guy) in Amsterdam was great. Kind of a Mike Stephenson tour crossed with a Jed Levine tour. The girl in Berlin was also good, but I was less impressed with her. But she's not a native English speaker, so she wasn't able to pull off the clever wordplay. Either way, still a great tour that I highly recommend. And I know good tours, I used to give them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am the king of the prenups.