Saturday, September 1, 2007

Mishap No 1


The first luggage-related incident has happened. There have been other mishaps of course, but this is the first travel-specific one. My two travel-size bottles of body wash (which we will henceforth refer to as the more masculine "soap") were in my toiletries Ziplock baggy (BAGGY! shout out to Sachin and Jared) along with my toothpaste, laundry soap and whatnots. One of them (the smaller one) busted open and got all-up-in everything. What had happened was, the screw cap and the stump it screws onto were severed off. Luckily, it was mostly contained in the bag, and also luckily, soap washes off pretty easily.

I'd take a picture, but I can't imagine a less interesting image. In more interesting image news, I had an East Coast beer yesterday. America's Oldest Brewery, Yuengling, which the label says has been in service since 1829. It was almost more than this California boy could handle when I saw it in the liquor store (note: this is also one of those states that have special stores for booze. God bless California, which lets you buy vodka when you buy raw meat and fresh produce.)

I'm likely to post a lot today and tomorrow, as Monday, Chris' parents (who are both really cool) will be heading back home with my suit and Kate's laptop, so I'll be out of touch probably until my second day in London, some time on Friday (as I don't want to waste any precious Irish moments writing to you people.

I can only hope that my posts will be more exciting once I hop across the pond — a hop that doesn't seem as imminent as it should at this point. 11 am local, 8 pacific, 4 Irish time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So it begins...