Monday, April 27, 2009

"You have to update your blog now"

Yes Narges. Yes, I do.

I recently listed all the cars I've driven in my decade behind the wheel (read it here)and today added to that total. My work had a function at Cavallo Point (which is gorgeous) and needed people to shuttle guests from the airport.

Four of us were asked to help. One drove the boss' car, two drove their own nice cars (a new Saab and a BMW) and I had a car rented for me as my POS would not sufficiently impress the guests.

I was only marginally insulted for a brief amount of time, and when I drove the 2009 Lincoln Towncar I instantly got over it and wanted to be an old man or a mobster.

Talk about a nice ride. That car wants to go 80 mph, and you can't really do a lot to stop it. It does what it wants, and you're going to enjoy it while it does. Leather, 6-disk CD, seat that adjusted so much I had no idea when to stop (clearly not a genius) and a trunk that could fit my apartment.

So we're at 34. Here's hoping the rest continue to be as great as the most recent two

No comments: