Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Little kids who speak French are adorable"

Last day in Paris. Last day in France. Last day in Europe.

Tomorrow, the Paris Metro strikes, so that sucks. The once €2 trip to Charles de Gaule will now cost €18.

In better news, US Airways got back to me quick and offered me a two-hour stay in scenic Phoenix (airport) on my way home tomorrow night. I asked if there was a direct to San Jose or Oakland, but if not, I'll be off to SFO, via PHX, landing at just before midnight, or 9 am to my body. December 12 will be about 33 hours long.

Not really ready to leave the adventure yet, but I am excited to see people and do things familiar. Parting really is such sweet sorrow.

But, to paraphrase another writer of English words, if you are lucky enough to have visited Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast.

See you soon America.

2 comments:

Narges said...

PHX is actually a good airport. It is my favorites that I've had the pleasure of wasting a few hours in.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you were able to take this trip.