Sunday, October 7, 2007

New Best Chip Ever

(I wrote this months ago, didn't post it, and just found it cause there's free Internet and literally no one here to kick me off the computer. So here it is. Unrelated to travel in every way. My life 6 months ago.)


Move over Nachos. Step aside Frito Honey Barbecue Twists. Good bye memories of Salsa Rios. There's a new king of the flavored chips in the form of Kettle Chips' new flavor, Spicy Thai.

The sweet combination of ginger paired with a spicy red pepper had chip fan Zac Dillon calling them, "ridiculously delicious." Dillon went on to question the chips' location his whole life.

The offbeat taste came about when Kettle Chips, the company known for almost stale- tasting, thick, crunchy potato chips, were dared to take on the flavors of "Thai cuisine's complex balance of flavor.

The chip is already a hit in the Los Angeles- based Allied division of Ascend Media, having been introduced to the company by the third- floor café early Wednesday.

It's availability in places that sell Kettle Chips has it poised to take back a share of the market that had been giving way to healthy, less flavorful snacks.

(Now I kind of want these chips. Sigh. I've been doing that to myself a lot lately. Mostly with ranch dressing and free refills of soda. And Mexican food. Double sigh.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, dad and I had dinner at La Pinata tonight. mmmm...salsa.

Zac said...

It does NOT make me feel better. December 12 I land at 9pm. I expect to be taken straight to La Pinata.

Anonymous said...

Deal.