Friday, September 18, 2009

You got some BALLS, La Boulange

I've never been to La Boulange before, despite the fact that they're everywhere in San Francisco.

Today, since I have a borrowed car, Narges suggested I go somewhere I can't walk to, so I made my way to Strawberry Village for my first trip the "the bakery."

I ordered an open-face club sandwich (with avocado) expecting to get something in the form of this, which I would need to eat with a knife and fork.

What I got, was a NORMAL sandwich (although with three layers). And it wasn't even cut into 4 triangles like a REAL normal club sandwich.

Don't get me wrong, it was delicious as all get out and had me licking the plate when I was done. But the point remains, I was expecting an open-face club sandwich - which would have been a radical interpretation of the traditional club sandwich composition (the aforementioned triple-decker 4 triangles). What I got was a (delicious) bastardization of the triple-decker club sandwich. In fact, this would even qualify as half-assed, since there were half as many cuts as would be required to turn it into 4 pieces.

I wish I had taken a picture, but it was so tasty, I ate it too quick.

No comments: