Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is that the kind that takes 30 minutes? No... 30 Minutes!?!

By coincidence, Andy and I both went to the dentist today and by obvious correlation, both of our mouths are sore. I see the thing of steel-cut oatmeal that Narges mistakenly bought a while ago and declare that I'm going to make some.

He asks if that's the kind that takes 30 minutes to make and I say no, it couldn't be that long. From the other room I could then be heard yelling "30 minutes?!?"

So now is the waiting time. I'ma put maple syrup in it (sugar was not the cause of my trip to the dentist, though I can see now how you could think that).

1 comment:

Zac said...

Post blog post update: After posting the above I returned to the kitchen to lower the heat to simmer only to yell "holly shit!" To which Andy replied "did it bubble?"

It had bubbled OVER.