Sunday, May 31, 2009

Salty and Sweet

I've been wavering to the extremes of salty and sweet all day. I went to bed last night a little hungry, planning on having a creative breakfast. I started with sauteed spinach, topped it with some grilled tomatoes and two eggs over easy. There was a side of potatoes and toast involved as well. You can see in the photo that I accidentally popped one of the yolks, but it was a pretty freaking sweet breakfast.

Several hours later I went to see a movie and had popcorn, which was salty. After the movie, I made coffee and wanted a doughnut to go with it, so I made that happen. About an hour later, danged if I don't want something salty. But to round the day off with a healthy close like the way it started, I had a salad, which had some salty ingredients.

There's something strange about a day where you don't have to do anything. I realize I don't have any of them coming up for probably about 6 months cause it's going to be an interesting time. Which is good, cause if I hadn't been kind of sick today, I would have found something to do anyway.

No comments: