Sunday, May 16, 2010

In... my mouth

So, as planned, post Bay to Breakers, I made a stop at KFC for a Double Down.

The Double Down has been hailed as some kind of new sandwich. A breadless sandwich consisting of two pieces of fried chicken breast (in the original style), two strips of bacon and two slices of cheese. The chicken acts as if it were bread, so if this were a sandwich, it would be a cheese and bacon sandwich really.

But it's not a sandwich. Sure, it's stuff between other stuff, but really it's an elaborate chicken nugget.
And what a chicken nugget it is. The photo above is a few bites in, but you can see that it's two pieces of chicken breast with cheese sandwiched between it. The bacon isn't fully visible in this photo, and thinking back on it I don't really recall it being there, but I'm sure it was. Whatever was there, it was awesome.

I read one report that this was 550 calories. Then later that day I heard that report was grossly underestimated. However many calories it contains, it's pretty much worth eating it. Whether there's bacon or not. Though again, I'm sure there is bacon if they say there's bacon.

No comments: