Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Subject: Turducken this year?

Email from me to Mom:
I will buy this. Or at least, throw some coin down on it. TURDUCKEN!!!

"Approximately 18-20 pounds and will feed 18-22 people full with some leftovers. Each Turducken comes with a electric thermometer and alarm probe in the center of the duck breast (the very center of the Turducken), directions on how to cook it will also be provided. The Turducken comes on a bed of root vegetables with assorted herbs in a roasting pan ready to cook.

The Turducken is stuffed with a duck inside a chicken inside a turkey, all never frozen and free range. The birds will be stuffed with a chicken and duck sausage cornbread stuffing.

Each bird is $250 and we require a 50% deposit via paypal to process your order."

I'm down to get vetoed, but this comes from a very reputable butcher. it's not like the KFC experiment of 2004.

Email response from Adam (who was CC'd)
Uuuhhhhh

Email response from Mom
Why, just last night I was discussing a free-range organic turkey for this year. The subject of Turducken never came up. While I am open to new ideas and am loathe to shoot something down that I have never tried, (hence the KFC turkey), I feel that I must kindly decline the generous offer or Turducken.

I will, as form of consolation consider a duck, alongside the turkey, or, duck for Christmas dinner, or a rubber duck swimming in gravy. Turkey gravy.

I applaud your sense of adventure.

--

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sheepdip? Really?