Friday, July 10, 2009

Don't mind if I do

The last piece of cake, the last beer in the fridge, the last of what was a dozen Buffalo wings? Yeah, I'll take that.

Someone cut up a strawberry scone in the office this morning. I had one of the first pieces to be claimed, then half an hour later there was a lonely little bit left. I swooped on it like a lion on an elderly antelope.

It was yummy and am glad I didn't hesitate like so many others would have.

And I didn't even come from a big family. Oh wait, yes I did.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'll have just one bite... This morning one of my co-workers brought in something she called "Blackberry Slump". By the time I got to it, it was 80 percent gone, (a 9 x 12 tray). So I look for a smallish bowl to have a bite of it. The bowl is disgusting because it didn't take to washing before being put away, or so it seems. I look for another bowl and decide on just a fork instead. I inform an onlooker that I will take just a bite with the fork and will not double-dip. "Is that wrong"? I ask. "Is it wrong of me to have used the serving spoon to separate a small chunk for myself and then use a fork to eat the bite from the spoon?" she asks. We agree neither is wrong. The "Slump" is still warm although it is mostly gone. Thank goodness for neighbors whose blackberries grow into the yard next-door and co-workers who work magic on them. Mom