Friday, January 23, 2009

Boozin' classy like

So I've decided to start infusing alcohol with things.

I first attempted this in June when I got my job-as I'd told myself I'd make ginger tequila upon securing employment. I told myself this in January and didn't think I'd linger on the unofficial unemployment list for six months, but I did make the concoction and it was pretty good.

The only problem is, I did a full bottle, so I've still got more than half a bottle left. Variety, being the spice of life, took me away from it pretty quick.


Enter the decanters in the Ross stemware section (where I spend my lunch break sometimes). They have several very cool looking decanters for $5, but they're only 700ml causing me to not buy them and think to myself, "those aren't even big enough for a full bottle, let alone a bottle with ingredients in it."

Then it hit me. I'd been so short-sighted. I should just be doing half bottles anyway, so I can have more variety sitting around.

First up? Vanilla bourbon. And since I'll have a half a bottle left over, I may also make lime bourbon.

And what about cinnamon cocoa brandy? Or melon gin? Melon gin and tonic could get some takers, I bet. Or, since I'll have limes too, lime infused gin.


Lime has a place in every drink, really.

No comments: